Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thighs, Thighs, Go Away....

Today was a llllllooooonnnnngggggg day. I've been sick since Monday and today was my first day back at work. And it seemed to just drag on forever. But I have a victory to report. I bypassed chocolate. Yup! A very nice co-worker offered the treat and I turned it down. And didn't feel the least bit deprived in doing it. I had a tangerine instead. I must be losing my mind!!!!

Part of this little journey includes posting my daily menus and food intake on a message board I hang out on. After seeing what I posted during my "down time", I have the equivalent of a full days food allowance in "storage". How did that happen???!!! And those points have to be used by Saturday or they are forfeited. I think Brent and I are going out tomorrow night. Texas Roadhouse is sounding good.

My next door neighbor called and I'm supposed to go over and do the tape measure thing for her again this weekend. Personally, I am only going to take my measurements once a month, or once every other month. I don't want to be discouraged f the tape measure doesn't move as fast as the scales are - I'd rather be satisfied with the scales and the feel of my clothes right now.

My first mini-goal was 10 pounds, and I think I'm going to hit it soon. I have set 5 mini-goals of 10 lbs each. You know the old joke about how you eat an elephant - one bite at a time. Well, that is what we are dealing with here. I'm reading a book about a lady who lost 200 pounds and has kept it off. She can fit her entire self into one leg of her old pants. There is hope for me yet!

1 comment:

  1. I am soooooo proud of you Ginger!!! The pictures are beautiful too! Your page is a lot of fun, keep it going girl!!!

    ReplyDelete